Re: [Harp-L] Re: Buckeye Cancelled

I know Danny G was always on the lookout for fresh things to do. One of them
was the Elk River Harmonicas harmonica repair clinic, where you could learn
stuff about repair, but more importantly, get your harmonicas fixed for free. I
did it last year and it worked out really well, doing basic stuff to get
harmonicas working better.  It was really fun for me, because I got to do a lot
of problem solving, which I love. We were going to have an even better one this
year, because I was going to be there the whole time, instead of just two days
like last year, and Seydel USA donated a bunch of reeds that I could use to
replace blown-out reeds at Buckeye, free of charge. Seydel also donated valves,
with no voiced stipulations about whose chromatics they went on, which I thought
was really classy.

I'm really bummed about it. I had even brewed a special batch of homemade beer
for Buckeye, called "Elk River Lite," my first lite beer, for drinking at the
jams (would have been free, of course). I bottled about fifty bottles of it. So,
free harmonica repair and free beer is now missed. It would have been a grand
time.

Don't forget about the West Virginia State Harmonica CHampionship this August.
Judging will be Adam Gussow, Pat Missin and me.

David
www.elkriverharmonicas.com
Joe asks:

> <<The point was that offering something unique, fresh and new does a lot to
regenerate as well as keep attendance levels up there.