Re: [Harp-L] Buckeye Canceled

So a piece of the harmonica icecap breaks off and drifts into the sea of
memories. I had a lot of good times at Buckeye from the late 90's on through
the next couple years. It was a very cool event back then, literally like a
layed back mini SPAH, but not all that small either. It's where I first saw
acts like Gary Primich, Steve Guyger, the eternal Rob P and Madcat, doing
great shows with great bands. I remember Richard Hunter, Blackie Shackner,
and William Galison, was it all in one night? Filisko's original
teach-ins there were like a revelation. Late night jamming with Lee Oskar
was crazy fun. And Jack Ely was ever present, cruising around in
his chair watching over the whole affair. Plus there was that guy with the
checkerd sneakers and beard. Anyway, the memory list goes on but the main
thing that I got out of Buckeye was an opening to the vortex of the
harmonica community at large and the introduction to so many fine people,
here and gone, who became great long time friends. Here's to BHF.

tom albanese