Re: [Harp-L] Re: SS vs. Brass vs. Phosphor Bronze Reeds

> I haven't given Seydel's stainless reeds a real test so can't comment on
> their longevity, but have read good reports from players.
I have no problems with reed longevity, no matter seydel or hohner,
all herings I had was with pretty fragile reeds. But I really tired of
retuning my hohner brass reeds, about every three gigs. I rare blow
out reeds, but I hate when octave are out of tune. So I go to
stainless steel and I don't worry about tuning consistence at all,
the're always in tune. I don't play my Suzuki manji very much (anyway,
good harmonica, but too different feel than GM or 1847), but I already
retune two reeds. Brass oxidize when wet and change it's weight, SS
don't.

--
Thanks, Boris Plotnikov