[Harp-L] B-Radical

Regarding the B-Radical, I would like to offer the following input. As a guy who placed an order on the first hour of the first day that one could do so, I can say: good things are worth waiting for. I ordered 3 harps that day after playing Jason Ricci's prototype B RadicalÂwhich completely blew my socks off. This is coming from a guy who maintained and used great custom Marine BandÂharps from Jimmy Gordon for years (until he started rivetting them back together to prevent my own reedwork which apparently wasn't up to standard!).ÂI received the B-RadicalÂC harpÂ5 months ago and have played it extensively since then at home as well as atÂgigs, and was so pleased with it added several more harps to my order immediately. I will be receiving 3 more within theÂnext several weeks: thankfully got the email stating they are ready to go out.ÂÂI have spoken toÂthe folks at HarrisonÂnumerous times during these months, and gather that this labor of loveÂconceived by Brad Harrison did have some stumbling blocks and unexpected delays, along with its triumphs. But rather than rush through with a mediocre product to satisfy impatient clienteleÂhe has stuck to his mission to create the finest quality harmonica ever produced, and toÂproduce every individual harp with the handmade and individualized quality that went into his first harp. I cannot even imagine the crap he had to go through to stay the course, norÂthe financial shortfall likely suffered due to insisting that nothing less thanÂperfect leave Harrison Harmonicas. I want everyone out there interested in Harrison to know, and believe, that the playability,Âquality control, tuning, timbre, tone, overblowability, loudness, and durability of the harp are unsurpassed. My C remains in good tune and as airtight as the day I received it.(and I have been know to blow out Speccial 20s on DAY 1)

I have never met Brad and have no connections to the company: this is unsolicited and honest feedback.

ÂPerhaps Brad is guilty of not accurately anticipating/predicting the problems and delaysÂinherent in breaking such new ground in initiating this collossal project and producing harmonicas of this high caliber, but trust me when I tell you that he is succeeding. ÂThose of you waiting: hang in there, and know that when you get your harp it will be great. Those like Bob waiting and watching to decide whether they are worth the cost of 5 stock mass produced harps,ÂI can only say they are the finest thing you'll ever play! Keep up the good work Brad and all the fine folks at Harrison Harmonicas!

Zig

(Following up on:

Â$500 B-radical on ebay
So did anyone ever explain what's happened to the B-Radical harp folks? I
was trying to follow the thread and see but may have missed it. If so,
please e-mail me off-list. Curious mind wants to know. I looked at the
Harrison Web site and it appears the same as ever, yet we are told no
B-Radicals are available. Wassup?
Thanks and Happy Webtrails,
Bob Loomis)