Re: [Harp-L] Kim Wilson's show last night..

Ale Ravanello escribió:
My band and I opened Mr. Kim Wilson's show yesterday...The show happened on a theater in Caxias do Sul, south Brazil..It was a 300 people sold out evening!!The whole night was just great!!!Kim Wilson is such a great guy!After our show, just before he got up the stage, he went to our backstage room(not the same that he was) specifically to praise us for our show... I'll ever forget that... he shook my hand and said: "You sound fantastic!"... than he shook his head, raised his eyebrows and repeated.. "fantastic!"... feeling quite emocional I thaked him with all my heart... just before he left the room he looked at me again and said "Great chromatic!"... I still cannot remember that without have tears in my eyes... Whether he really ment those words or if he was just being polite, what a true gentleman!His outstanding harp playing and his charismatic, interactive, energetic and powerfull performance needs no further comments.. He went up the stage with Mr. Billy Flinn and a band that they met at the backstage 30min before the show, and did simply the best blues harmonica show that I've ever saw!All I need to say is that he left the stage with the crowd in standing ovation shouting for more!Unforgetable night! Unforgetable show!I really needed to share this with you because it was really like a dream becoming true to me, as well as I imagine it woud be for some of you guys.. Best regards to you all!
Ale Ravanello.www.aleravanello.com

Kim Wilson gave two shows in Buenos Aires last week. He did a great performance, but the best came at the end: he returned alone, just with the harp and played just like Sonny Boy Williamson would have done it! A showman, a true blues musician, a fantastic harp player. And Billy Flynn -whom I neved heard until last Thursday- is a helluva guitar player.

Fernando Toral
Buenos Aires, Argentina