[Harp-L] Hering 1923 ~

Good point about the melodic idiosyncrasies with a Hering 1923. They are a
little dissonant, and brassy. But that IS one thing they do very well!
I use them only for the most "ragged" sorts of songs...think "Ophelia," or
any number of other songs from the early days of The Band, 30's New Orleans
 parade music, etc.
Michelle, if you're sick of those damn things laying around and "gathering
dust", I'll forward you my mailing address. I'll even pay postage!   ;-)
Jeff
Denver, CO

PS: I've found the Hohner Blues Bender is a GREAT harp for someone just
beginning the instrument. Big River used to be my "Economy/Emergency
Cheap-Harp-On-the-Way-to-the-Gig" choice. They've jumped up by at least 5  dollars
since then. Durable but bulky, and never played all that fluidly. I  spotted
the Blues Bender in a blister pack at GC awhile ago, ($17), crossed my
fingers & hoped for the best, and it surprised me. Sort of a Blues Harp with  a
Special 20 comb. They market it as a beginner's harp, an "easy bender",
etc.,  which I can see. I found it very playable. It's still in my kit as a
backup, and doing fine. Gets my "Best-On-A-Budget" vote.

In a message dated 4/8/2011 2:42:50 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,