[Harp-L] Alternate 'fingering' on the diatonic

Hi
For this post I'm thinking of a diatonic harp in C and referring to the G on draw 2 and the same G on blow 3. I have found that I will use both at different times. Much like the pairs of C's on the chromatic. I use the rule of thumb to play the upper of the two when playing an acceding line and the lower one when playing a descending line in a melody. Like most ideas there are times when you need, for what ever reasons go against this convention but that said it's not a bad rule of thumb to try and be flexible to asses each case on its needs and merits.
Yours David

--
D Priestley AKA Dr Midnight.
England's first  harmonica Guru.

Do feel free get in touch.
Harmonica lessons POA,(10 = 20% discount,&  20 = 25% discount).

I teach from: 51 Barkston Gdns, the basement flat&  On-Line,
Email or call me to book lessons or get more info.

E-mail= dmharpman@xxxxxxxxx
Website= http://www.cognitionarts.com/
Phone=(44) 0207 373 0295