[Harp-L] RE: Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)

If this doesn't work, try it in straight harp (first position). Been
playing it that way for years (though it's been awhile). One little
tricky part, but the melody works.

From: captron100@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Brown Eyed Girl (was Kc GIve IT Up and Brown Eye
	Girl Van	Morrison)
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Rubben wrote: Can someone enlighten me on how to play the beginning of
this 2 songs.

Using a diatonic harp played in second position, start on the 2 hole
draw playing over the 1 chord.  The intro can be played nicely on the
lowest octave with bends on the 3 hole draw.  When playing the intro on
the middle octave, it's nice to tongue block and play the octaves
(starting on blow holes 3 & 6).  I usually use a country tuned harp
(hole 5 draw tuned up a half step), which avoids the necessary overblow
on the 5 hole, when played in the higher octave on a standard diatonic
harp.
ron (I changed the subject for clarification.)