RE: [Harp-L] Digitech Vx 400

Alistair Russel wrote:
>I still use the digitech IPS 33 which the guys in the current band call
>it the loom. (as in Heirloom) It's about 20 years old now, but is in a
>solid roadcase, and does the harmonies and can be patch driven as well.
>I found it really useful when I was in a sequenced duo, as you could
>call in patches using midi signals.
>I don't use it much these days tho but it is part of the home studio set
>up.

I still use my RP200 sometimes too.  Hey, plenty of people on this list use gear that's older than the player.  A good sound is a good sound, no matter how old or new the device that makes it.

>Currently I am using a 10 watt roland micro cube, which for the money
>$180, is a fantastic set up. It's light and compact, and goes DI into
>the P.A. and sounds really very very good.

Alistair, I'm confused here.  The Micro Cube is a 5 watt amp that costs $125 new, at least in the USA.  Are these Ozzie dollars--I seem to remember that Amcor is an Australian company--or are you talking about a different Cube?  Roland makes a bunch of 'em in various sizes.

I owned a Micro Cube for three years and really liked the way it sounded with guitar, not so much with harp, and I certainly tried.  As per my recent comments on this list, I greatly prefer the Vox DA5 for harp.  But I've never tried one of the larger Cubes with harp.

And the most important thing about any piece of gear is that it inspires you to play, which is a very personal thing.

regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick