RE: [Harp-L] "Authentic" pronunciation?

I imagine that you will receive varying opinions on this.  I'm a Chicago based harp player and I also gig with a band in the Ticino canton of Switzerland.  The band's whole repertoire is comprised of American roots/blues tunes, from bluegrass to Allman Brothers to Eagles to a number of blues standards.  To my American ear, what I find more peculiar than their accents is their mixed repertoire of material--they'll go from Tina Turner to Johnny Cash in a heartbeat--which you would not hear in a band based in the U.S., except for a wedding reception band.  Anyway, back to the accents question...I don't really have a problem with it.  Sure, sometimes I hear their Italian and German accents coloring the way they render vocals but it's not a particular distraction for me.  Actually, I'm personally kind of charmed by it and it makes me feel proud and kind of patriotic when I hear the music of my home town played in distant lands.