[Harp-L] Jam Camp & Hill Country Clarification and Feedback

Gindick is getting flamed on Gussows web site for planning a
5-day Jam Camp the week after Adam's 2-day Hill Country event.

What is wrong with side by side and complementary events?

Adams Hill Country ends Sunday, Gindick's starts the following Tuesday.

Hill Country  has 150 people for $150. Gindick's event has about 25 people
for $995, Gindick will give a $50 discount tot hose who attend BOTH events.

Gindick's idea is that a percentage of people who travel
across the country or world will be looking for something to do
and come to Jam Camp and Hill Country.

This would be an incredible week, a fantastic intensive, and
wonderful for harp players who attend these kinds of events.
More coaches can be hired, more music can be made.
More money in Mississippi.  More money in musicians pockets.

Adams event by necessity works in broader strokes.
Jam Camp is or 25 people will allow harp learners to have more
detailed feedback and instruction, and basically
enjoy the difference between the two approaches.

Gindick has long wanted to have a benefit for the Tutwiler Health Clinic
and with so many harp players in the area,this would be a perfect
Monday Night event in Clarksdale.

It can be huge.

The other part of the story is that Adam and I are fighting
over hurt feelings and the usual silly bs, and that part shouldn't matter,
but it is obvious so I mention it.

What matters is: is my plan going is it a good and nobel idea that will grow  both camps, the harp, the blues trade,
employ coaches, make both camps more meaningful, and teach more people?
and help Missisippi?

I don't make decisions by polls but if I am the villain he suggests I am,
endangering his very cool event, of course, I would probably try to stop my plan.

But right now I think I have a vision for a good thing and I shouldn't let
anything stop me.

Thanks, and sorry this kinda stinks. I hope you feel its an ok use of this forum.
At least this time.

And I encourage everyone to come to both events.

Jon
.

Jon