Re: [Harp-L] Can one make a living playing harp?

Like many here this remains a dream, one I've pursued online. With some success. I run a small IT training business (ahem.. just me), have a PhD in an telecommunications and 25 years experience as an educator. Also a good deal of project management experience. Plus 30 years as a player.

Around 5 years ago I put all this together, and created a series of harmonica teaching sites, in English, Mandarin and Spanish. To promote all this I created several other music sites. For those interested, a rundown on all of them is at http://www.harmonicatunes.com/Tony-Eyers-music-web-sites

Is there a living in it? Not yet. Not even close. Have I enjoyed it? Well yes. I've gone from essentially nobody to a well known player (in Asia at least), invited to festivals etc. That's worth something. The rainbow for me is to make enough from the sites to give away my day job, play harmonica with great people, and try to get better. I'm 52, now is the time.

In the meantime, if anyone needs technology training, please visit http://www.tektel.com.au

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com