Re: [Harp-L] Powerbender based tuning ( let me try the chart layout again)

What you have described is an inversion of the Magic Bop Band tuning,
patented by Magic Dick.
I have been using this tuning for a while--I even built a Chordomonica II
using it--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0jsYPeckdA
I have put no time into this project, perhaps soon--it is stalled for now .
. .
The beauty of the Powerbender is that Brendan has provided the missing tonic
chord--it's on blow 1, 2, and 3--so the IV and V chords on holes 6, 7, and 8
make more sense, and you still have the chromaticity.
I built one, and then loaned it to John Frazer, talked to him today--he is
liking it, and he usually makes fun of me for my altered tunings (hey, who
doesn't).
I have also tried a variation of the Magic Bop, where I create the tonic
chord on draw 1, 2, and 3, as inspired by Mr. Power--thanks Brendan!
Pmail me if you want a copy.
Gary