[Harp-L] Powerbender based tuning

Hi Brendan and harp-L:

I've thinking a lot about the new Powerbender tuning recently released by Brendan Power . I've been checking the different harp forums reading up on the reviews and it looks to me like the way to go for my style of playing.

I play mostly country, gospel, folk music, pucker embouchure and single notes style usually to some recorded backing track.

I especially like the way the middle octave is layed out, the reversal in hole 5 so well thought out, allowing then half steps bends throughout the whole octave and just one overblow needed on hole 6 for the Ab.

I like this octave layout soo much that then I started thinking about repeating that order of notes throughout the harp. How about laying it on a 12 hole harp ? If we think of a harp in C it would look like this:

      Over blow

     Ab

     Ab

     Ab

      Blow

      Holes
     1
     2
     3
     4
     5
     6
     7
     8
     9
     10
     11
     12

      Draw

      Draw

      bends
     Eb
     F#
     Bb
     Db
     Eb
     F#
     Bb
     Db
     Eb
     F#
     Bb
     Db

Some of the benefits I can think of:

Same octave layout throughout.

Only 3 overblows needed ( same note for all 3) for those interested in full chromaticism.

Half steps bends only throughout the range.

Common positions seemed to layout well, first to fourth at least. ( I,ve never tried other position so far).

I think most of the benefits of the powerbender still apply

Cons:

Not much in the way of chords ?

Not for blues

So, I don't know, my knowledge of music theory is limited. I think I see a useful tuning for my style of playing. I could order a Seydel 12 hole harmonica using their harp configurator and give it a try.

What do you guys think? I' appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Daniel