[Harp-L] Re: Little Walter---Whoops!

hashbb@xxxxxxx wrote:

I think it would be fair to say that Hound Dog Taylor and Dillard Crume are
not the Aces. By this time Walter was no longer playing with them. Correct me
if I'm wrong, but this was a tour with many stars featured, not a Little Walter tour exclusively. I have had this tour on audio for many years. The backing for Walter's songs is lacking because they we're not familiar
with his material. We live in a different age now. The backing is
passable.
HB

This was part of the American Folk Blues Festival in Europe where Little Walter was one of several artists many of who had never played together before. On top of that, Walter did not have his own amp or mic and played through a vocal mic. In spite of that, this video is a very rare piece of Walter on film so I agree with HB that we shouldn't look for all the possible flaws in it. Now one can say that didn't I find a flaw in the amp and mic. Maybe, but I sure don't wish that he would have unplugged them.

Harri