Re: [Harp-L] "Oh Girl" position

Hey Joe,

>What year Johnnie?

The special would have aired on PBS in around 2003 to 2005 and was
current at that time ... was part of the Doo Wop series ... or at
least done in the same way by the same people but with music from
later than the Doo Wop series ...

I agree that the original sounded like a harmonica ... I would guess a
chromatic ... that's part of the reason that I clearly remember it and
was surprised by seeing the melodica on stage ... however the original
was played pretty cleanly ...

Went to barnesandnoble.com to check out album credits ... a very handy
feature to that site ...

I did find one album that lists "Cy Touff" as playing harmonica on one
of them ... it was the only harmonica credit I could find and don't
know what tune it applies to ... Could it be this guy? ... from
Chicago ... Oh Girl NOT listed on these disks ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cy_Touff

Here's the original B and N page ... click on the "Details and
Credits" tab down the page ...

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/Complete-the-Chi-Lites-on-Brunswick-Records-Vol-2/The-Chi-Lites/e/740155173722/?itm=3&USRI=chi+lites\

Interestingly, I see Rick Estrin and Jimmy Reed credited as composers
on a couple of albums but not sure what tracks ...