[Harp-L] Loop Station/ backing track performance

Hi Richard, "Good On You". I've had a Jamman pedal [which holds loops and samples onto SD card] for a couple of years now. However, it's not yet earned it's keep.It's a bit awkward to use [especially on the floor].I used to play with a Boss D3 in performance 15 years  or so ago *[I'd tweak, sample and twist the notes whilst impro'ing with full band]. Recently, I've been looking at placing my mini-mixer,pedals etc..possible 'solo aspirations' ? up on a keyboards stand at waist height *[as my eyesight isn't great]. The Akia Headrush 2 looks easy to use [ 'on the fly'] with 'the switches' easily accessed on the ground. I've recently been looking at them longingly , thinking of switching to useing both pedals.
I think Son of Dave IS the ultimate genius of  modern harmonica looping at the end of the day.
It seems to me he's all about the song ! Mind you, I personally wouldn't buy a whole album of loop based tunes.As a feature spot it can be dynamic; but to my thinking, it's a bit of a gimmick and quite boring after a while. I was useing hat-boxs, stomp boards and kick drums in the street 30 years ago [too crap much to cart about, I found]. These days in a 'live' setting I have enough stuff to setup to create a diverse show.It's the tunes that count and connecting with other players and an audience.

 My general question however, is what is suggested as a really efficent method of useing backing in a show [I've never used it]. I own a LP Mini Disc player [which has been an excellent hands on tool] and travelling O.S. I've loaded up a cheap MP3 player but are any other ideas on professional backing track tools used out there in 'covers' land.