Re: [Harp-L] Entertainment at SPAH

SPAH happens at a time when many of the professional players we've been trying to get (sometimes for years) are busy playing all those lucrative summer festival gigs that tide them through the leaner times. Thus they don't have time to play SPAH.

As to the problem of recurring faces, this is something we've been actively working to deal with for some time. Still, it happens for a variety of reasons. I won't go into them here, but suffice it to say we're working to deliver both freshness and variety from the professional players who are actually available, within our means, and of the best quality we can get.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa
Entertainment Director, SPAH
Harmonica instructor, The Jazzschool for Music Study and Performance
Resident expert, bluesharmonica.com
Columnist, harmonicasessions.com