[Harp-L] Buddy Guy Legends Monday jam/ SmoJoe playing at GSHF

Yes, it's true that Smo-Joe will be adding his charm and expertise at the 38th GSHC Festival from Nov.18-20!  As there has been lot of discussion about "Summertime", whoever wants to play it at open mic can do so under the watchful eyes of Smo-Joe who will be in charge of open mic at the festival. Joe will also be holding a seminar on "Country Tuning" which I've seen some people call "Smo-Joe's Tuning" and he will be performing as well.  If you haven't made your reservation to come to the festival, do so now, as table seating is filling up, as are room reservations. Visit our website at: www.gardenstateharmonicaclub.org for further details. Included in our roster of entertainers playing blues, jazz, classical, traditional and klezmar music is: Dennis Gruenling, Rob Paparozzi, Bob McFarlane, Stan Harper, Jia-Yi He, Enrico Granafei, Phil Caltabellotta, Hendrik Meurkens, The HarpBeats (Phil C. and George Miklas), Carlos Colina, Josh King, Jay Gaunt, 17 North Blues Band and Charlie Toker, Danny G,  Giovanni Volini, Ron Kalina, Bub Boblink, Al and Judy Smith and more!  M.C.s will be Charlie McDermott, Charles Spranklin and Warren Bee.  Seminars and Workshops are being set up now with the new additions of:  Playing Harmonica with a Band(Enrico Granafei); Harmonica Health( Dr. John Shaman), Introducing the Harmonica(Warren Bee), Beginning Diatonic with Dennis Gruenling, Basic Chromatic(Judy Smith) and of course, Harmonica Repair, Band in a Box and lots more. This will be listed on our website, once it is complete.

After returning from a great time at SPAH in August, we are looking forward to seeing all of you at our Fall "Feastival" at the Holiday Inn, Hasbrouck Heights, NJ,  where we will continue the fun including nightly blues jams, jazz jams, hanging out in the halls with our Harmonica Ambassadors, Marv and Roger Monroe, finding what you need with Danny G in his New Harmonica store and just indulging in our version of "harmonica heaven". This year we will also have a fantastic trio at our evening jazz jams.  We are also planning to have a Jazz/Blues Blow-Off(as started by Jason Ricci) on Wednesday night, Nov. 17th at Trumpets Jazz Club for those who arrive early!  Phil C. and I will keep you posted. And we also want to welcome Warren "Bee" Bachman, Publicity Director at SPAH in his new  position as Assistant Director of our 2010 Festival!

Always think harmonica!

Phil Caltabellotta (Festival Chairman) and Val Redler ( Festival Co-Chair)
38th GSHC Festival