[Harp-L] how to record a jam session

Although I have been playing harp for about 35 years, I am an amateur.  I
love to jam whenever I get a chance, but those opportunities are few and far
between.  I have a business, a wife and five kids and the notion of going
out to an open jam session at a lounge and hanging around all night
(drinking) just so I can get up stage and play one or two songs just isn't
in the cards for me.  So recently I set out to organize a jam session at the
country club I belong to.  I figured there had to be some other wanna be
rock stars like me who would welcome the opportunity to just hang out and
play.  The club has made space available to us at no charge so everything is
looking good.  So far we have a guitar player, a drummer, a couple of
vocalists, a sax player and me.  Should be fun.  I would like to record our
session just for kicks (incase I come up with something brilliant and I want
to save it for posterity).  I don't have any sophisticated recording
equipment.  I was just planning to use my laptop and Audacity.  Can anybody
give me any suggestions given the limited equipment I have available?

Thanks.

Tom in Clearwater, FL

=======
http://www.pctools.com/