RE: [Harp-L] Recommendations for an affordable first amp?

I would second the recommendation that you get a Kalamazoo Model 1 or 2.  They regularly show up on ebay and the best thing to do upon purchase is send it to Greg Heuman at Blows Me Away productions (see his Kalamazoo page at : http://www.blowsmeaway.com/kalamazoo.html).  He'll tweak it, address any issues and ship it to you.  These amps aren't battery powered so you can't do the street corner busking thing, unless you plug in somewhere.  But they're the best dollar-for-dollar small harp amp you'll find.

Good luck.