Re: [Harp-L] gig (about solos)

I've gotten better at laying out as I get older, but my improvised solos still suck bigtime.   I don't play much blues and if I stay away from blues for awhile, I am just not good at it.   I always looked to Mickey Raphael and his work with Willie Nelson as a great example of less is  more.
He never plays a lot in any song and he's managed to stay employed for lo these many years.
Steve Webb in Minnesota