Re: [Harp-L] CX12 harp

Several excellent players use them, e.g. Slide Man Slim.

Assets:
The slide rarely sticks.
Slide is very leak-free.
Easy no-tools disassembly to gain access to the slide for cleaning and to the valves on the blow reeds for maintenance.

Liabilities:
Cross-tuning means that the slide movement is twice as long as that of a 270. This doesn't bother everyone.
Feels fat in the mouth.  This doesn't bother everyone.  Hohner has a slimmed down version for a higher price.
12 screws to remove the reedplates to gain access to the blow reeds and valves on the draw reeds.
Some people complain about the valves sticking and popping.  The CX12 is probably no worse than any other chromatic for this problem.  Replace any misbehaving valves with custom valves such as Ultrasuede and you'll be very happy with your CX12.

The gold or silver ones don't sound any different from the black ones.  Don't pay extra for the plating unless the aesthetics are important to you.

The trumpets on the trumpets harp are too small to have any acoustical effect. They will just interfere with your hand cup.  This is strictly an appearance novelty.  Buy one only for laughs.

Vern