[Harp-L] gig

Had one of our few gigs Saturday night--celebrating the end of the blueberry
season. Beautiful night (but cold).  We played all original songs. With
covers, you either play the solo correctly or you don't. With originals,
especially when there are endless jams, it's easy to have fun and blow, but
much harder to make actual music. I have reached that plateau where my
technique is competent, but I don't have anything to say. Endless soloing,
lots of notes but it doesn't sound like professional soloing.

Part of that is laziness and lack of practice. I'm going to get out my copy
of East West and play along with it repeatedly for the next couple weeks..

Maybe I'll play along with Hendrix as well.

The el cheapo Danelectro Fab Echo sounded great.  Can't blame my gear.
.
Also--I think harmonica sounds better in small doses, so I'm going to get
the courage to be on stage with just bass, drums and guitar, and play
nothing for large section of the song. If they want to play for 15 minutes
that's fine--I'll put in my 60 second solo and then sit out.
--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.myspace.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals