[Harp-L] Re: Harmonicas -- Apology

I would like to publicly apologize to Andy Garrigue, and everyone on this list for my recent inflammatory posting.  I was informed by the list owner that I violated the rules of ediquette for posting on this forum, and I assure you it won't happen again.

My posting may have been exrtremely rude, but however, to say it was "ignorant" implies I have no knowledge of the subject matter, and that is simply not the case.  I have been playing harmonica for over 35 years, and I'm an exerienced engineer, and I have researched the subject thoroughly.  I know what I'm talking about when I say a design is flawed, and I don't mouth off unless I know what I'm talking about.  Just this morning, I saw a post on this list from a veteran player warning a new player about the MS-Crossover reed plates' lip cutting and mustache hair grabbing capabilities.  And, others have contacted me, on and off this list, to let me know they don't care for the design ether, and/or have had negative experiences dealing with Hohner.  So, I know I'm not alone in my frustration.

I agree with you, Elizabeth.  Hohner has some really nice people and talented musicians working for them, and they support SPAH and many music programs thoughout the US and around the world, but when I emailed 2 seperate marketing managers 3 years apart and got the same canned response to my concerns with the MS-series reed plate design, and was told that not selling reed plates for the SP20 in the US was a "business decision", I was completley frustrated and felt the need to say something about it, both freely and publicly.

I love playing harmonica with a passion, and I want to promote playing harmonica as much as possible, but I felt it was my duty to make sure the harmonica community was well aware and informed on the issue.  Granted my message may have seemed a bit inflammatory -- OK, a lot inflammatory, but I was thoroughly frustrated, and a little drunk at the time (I, too, am flesh and blood), so please forgive me if I was rude.  I was just trying to get a meesage out, and needed to know if there were others out there that felt the same way I did.  ...and there are.

Just this this morning Gary posted and announcement from Hohner that they are now offering SP20 reed plates for sale in the US.  So, I finally got what I've been fighting for all along -- parts for my favorite harmonicas -- and you'll never have to hear about this subject again.  I just hope getting what I want doesn't reinforce my bad behavior.  (lol)   ..just kidding, it won't.

  0+
  \_/

      Thanks and Best Regards,

             Pat Powers