Re: [Harp-L] What would be your Desert Island "Embouchure" ?

On Sep 9, 2010, at 11:52 AM, Frank Franze wrote:

Hypothetically speaking if I could only use one "embouchure" on a desert island I would choose tongue block.

he he he, I think people are confusing tongue block with cement block. We're not building a concrete wall here when we touch (that's touch) our tongue to the harp. We only use as little pressure as necessary to close off the holes we don't want to sound. This is like a butterfly's kiss in most cases.
Ok, 'I' have a (rare) question. Since I am the man who knew TOO much, I hesitate to ask. If I only open my lips enough to cover TWO holes (instead of the 3 shown in the little waxed paper diagram), and then block off ONE, would I still be considered a tongue blocker?

smo-joe (the 'they' that say).