Re: [Harp-L] SPAH conventions

On Sep 5, 2010, at 10:19 PM, Mick Zaklan wrote:

Michelle, thank you for your thoughts on this. I believe that if SPAH
didn't exist currently, it probably wouldn't have formed in today's
environment. To me, it's almost a sociological thing. When I first went in
'91; I noticed most members were of the WW ll and Korean War generation.

When I first went in 91, I noticed the same thing.

Those folks were joiners and organizers. They went through the Great
Depression and fought wars together. Back then it was a status thing to
belong to a social group or organization. They joined Elks, Moose clubs,
Shriners, Masons, VFW, American Legion, labor unions, etc., in great
numbers.

I am a vet and NONE of my vet friends have joined the Legion or VFW. I think Viet Nam soured things.

big snip &<

Mick Zaklan