[Harp-L] Chicago Bound - The truth. SJ

Never mind, I have the CD with liner notes. Little Walter IS the harp
player on the CD. It was released in 1970 as a Chess LP but obviously it was
recorded much earlier, early 50's to be exact. Many of Jimmy's records were
cut at the end of Muddy's Sessions. Piano on CB was Eddie Ware, Otis Spann
, Big Crawford on Bass, Elgin Evans on Drums. This was the main crew. Also
recorded were: Fred Bellow, Drums. AJ Gladney, Drums. Henry Gray on Piano.
Muddy  only played guitar on 3 recordings. Ernest Cotton on Tenor Sax. Bob
Wood Folk on  guitar, one song. All recordings 1950 - 1955, mostly 51 and 52..
In 1950 - 55 Walter would have had his choice of some very raunchy amps. In
 the photo on the back it is Muddy's band, with Henry Strong, who replaced
Little  Walter. In the back photo Henry has what is definitely a Premier 120
amp,  Jimmy Rogers has what could be a National amp, to my eyes it is very
faint, but  the Nataional flying bird I think is what that is, but it does
not look like any  National and I have owned most of them at some point.

This was one of the last recordings LW is playing harp on 7 of the 12
songs, no harp on the other 5.  I had heard there was a debate about this,  if
anyone had a doubt this should end it. Great CD, Walter is, Walter. Kim plays
 on Ludella.

I hope this was informative. Sonny Jr.