[Harp-L] Call for street musicians for Central City Days

The Central City Business Association, (mostly antique dealers), has asked The Harmonica Club of Huntington, WV to supply live street music for Saturday Sept 25th from 9am to 5pm.

Musicians will be in groups of 2 or 3 in 3 to 5 locations over 3 blocks of 14th street west. There will bails of hay to sit on. There will be shade in the form of a tree, an umbrella, or a pop up gazebo. No amplification needed. Just bring your instrument and something to drink (non-alcohol)

The club does not have enough people to fill all slots (up to 10 musicians over 8 hours is 80 man-hours) Everyone is given $10 per hour. You are allowed to keep all tips (though I expect tips to be low). We are looking for harmonica and guitar players. Everyone will be assigned time slots and locations. You may request the time slots you want to play. Most of the club members will play 2 to 4 hours. You can request the time slots you want to play. Anyone wanting to play the full 8 hours is welcome (and a better man than I am). Send your requested times to jrumbaug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This will be the second time for the club to do this gig. Last time it was HOT JUNE. September 25 will be much cooler. The feeling was relaxed. It was like playing on your front porch with low demands. The most people I had at one time was 4 to 6, and most of the time we were just playing by ourselves. It was like a big practice session.

You can view some pictures of us playing at our Picasa page at http://picasaweb.google.com/jim.rumbaugh/2010JulyCentralCityDays#

Jim Rumbaugh