Re: [Harp-L] SPAH 2010 #'s and....

Michelle is definitely speaking the truth. Time will not be kind in the near
future if we don't get a "boost". The young need to start NEW clubs. Nights,
weekends, whatever works. The old clubs need to hang on and be open minded
to making some changes to attract newbies. Hopefully there will be a
consolidation and tradition will continue.

I never belonged to a local club. I dove into the deep end with SPAH mostly
because there was nothing ever local to me. If there was, it was a secret. I
was hooked after my first SPAH convention. If I can ever settle down in one
place and get a steady cash flow I will indeed start a local club. In my
opinion the key is to focus on PEOPLE more than MUSIC. I have said this
before and I will say it again: The social aspects of harmonica gatherings
are FAR more impressive than the "licks in the air".

WB

--
Warren "Bee" Bachman
SPAH Publicity Director