[Harp-L] SPAH 2010 #'s and....

There were around 400 registered attendees this year in MN. The counting
system is a bit confusing. Some attendence purchases like day tickets are
not reflected in those numbers. Bottom line is that we had a nice fat crowd
of smiling harp players. The vending room was an awesome hit. Much of the
energy in the vending room came directly from the crowd that was shopping!
Listening to folks "test drive" the axes was a non-stop show in itself from
9-5 daily.

I am proud to say that I was part of the Senior Citizen team that planned
and executed this years great event. The Twin City club is a bunch of old
farts too. They rocked! I would have to say that the average age of both
teams combined is closer to 50 than 80. Fact is that 50 is even too old for
the average age of an organization. WE NEED TO ENCOURAGE YOUNG PEOPLE TO
STEP AWAY FROM THE SCREENS (tv&computer) GO OLD SCHOOL AND DO IT LIKE THEY
DID IN THE OLD DAYS! GATHER TOGETHER WITH LIKE MINDED PEOPLE. FACE TO FACE.
SHARE YOURSELF AND YOUR PASSION FOR THE MUSIC WITH OTHERS. HELP TEACH THOSE
"BEHIND" YOU AND LEARN FROM THOSE "AHEAD" OF YOU. CREATE RELATIONSHIPS THAT
WILL LAST A LIFETIME.

WB

--
Warren "Bee" Bachman