Re: [Harp-L] Re: Who are the top Blues Harp Pros? I got their autographs

DPWatson72@xxxxxxx Writes:
I hope this link to my Flickr page works.  It shows my 1953 Danelectro
Twin Twelve amp.  I bought this from Sonny Jr. about 5-6 years ago.   It sounds
great. I play out with it at jams in the Washington, DC area.  I  started
lugging it around to shows and collecting autographs.  I even took  it to San
Jose to one of David Barrett's seminars.  I've added more since  this
picture was taken.

_http://www.flickr.com/photos/45556011@N03/4182454091/_
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/45556011@N03/4182454091/)

Here's who I have so far:  Kim Wilson, Rick Estrin, Joe Filisko, Mark
Wenner, Rod Piazza, Mark Hummel, James Harmon, Pierre Beauregard, Magic Dick,
Corky Siegal, Lee Oskar, James Cotton, John Mayall, Charlie Musselwhite,
Annie  Raines, Big Boy Little, Hugh Feeley, Deak Harp, Ward Gaines, Dennis
Gruenling,  Mitch Kashmar, Lil Ronnie, Doug Jay, Greg "Fingers" Taylor, Allen
Holmes, Adam  Gussow, Lazy Lester and one more I can't figure out!

It's been a lot of fun.

Too Slim Dave Watson
Alexandria, Va

Now that amp definitely has MOJO! Very cool. Bet it sounds great, too, Dave.

As it happens I am working on what I am convinced is the coolest harp pouch ever. It's brown leather foldover pouch with 7 slots that I made myself. I made it bown instead of black so I could have famous harpers autograph it (and still be able to see the autographs... ;o). The first signature was Jason Ricci's back in 2003 - 2004 from a gig at some honky tonk in podunk Western Colorado. As it happens the last signature was Howard Levy's, obtained at SPAH. Pretty good bookends. In between it has about 30-40 signatures of my favorite harpers on it. My problem is that there's very little room left on it and I've not met nearly enough killer harpers so far. I'll work on posting a picture of it.

Someone asked a while back if gear can have Mojo. I think so!

BTW, Dave, I'm pleased to have had to carry only my harp pouch for my signatures. My back would ever permit carrying an entire amp to all those gigs. :-)

Michelle