Re: [Harp-L] Country tuning name change

On Sep 2, 2010, at 7:03 PM, captron100@xxxxxxx wrote
I ask:
  What is this Nashville tape u refer to?

Spah Dallas 2003 I picked up Jerl's tape. A really smart buy. I made a CD where I can play his stuff right along with Charlie McCoy and Mike Stevens and I wouldn't notice any major difference. He's THAT professional. I hardly ever listen to 2 things in a row by the same person. I like to mix and match. lolol

I'd like to hear some of the best country we have ever heard too.
Re country tuning, isn't that called Paddy Richter tuning when both the 5 hole draw and the 9 hole are raised a half step?

Don't know. Paddy Richter sounds almost Irish/German to me. I am Italian/Polish lolol

I use CT a lot and haven't missed the raised 9th hole, but then again, i've never tried it.

Btw, i thought we were gonna call these new names "SmoJoe tuning" or somesuch after it's inventor, no? :)
ron

Hah, I WISH.......