[Harp-L] RE: Comb Material a Third Way

A few questions to the comb-effect atheists:

If there is little to no effect from the materials of the harmonica, then is
it also true that the techniques taught by many that use mouth position and
internal chambers are fallacies?

Would the string or a guitar be analogous to the reed in the sense that
without the sound board the string moved air and creates sound though
less efficiently than the reed?  Then would the opinions of many guitar
players that the material of the nut is important also be a myth?

Could the analogy of harmonica player as piezo guitar pickup help explain
why the player experiences a difference in comb material? If so would a
piezo pickup on a harmonica be effected by the comb material?

Please take these question as honest and inquisitive. I am not looking for
your answers to prove my secret opinion that I will then throw back at you
but I am looking to expand my understanding.

Thanks,

Derwood