Re: [Harp-L] Small practise amps

   Just to add my 2 cents: I recently bought a Jay Turser Classic-10 amp, and i
love it. It is VERY affordable, has an onboard researchable battery, which
charges when you plug the amp into the mains, and it has a really big big sound.
This is more amazing as it has a 6" speaker. It sounds much bigger, fuller, and
has more bottom than the pignose (which I used to own), or the Roland micro
cube. I've not owned a DA-5, so I cna't compare it to that. It's all solid
state, but uses a really good op-amp and FET transistor preamp, and really
reliable, well known chip for the power stage. It has VERY effective triple-band
tone controls, and head phone out. And it looks REALLY REALLY cool! It has WAY
more cool factor than any other battery amp. The sound does NOT beat my modified
Epi Valve Jr, but it still IS a good sound that comes out of this amp. It works
better with Low-Z dynamic mics (any handheld vocal mic) than with High-Z.
Essentially, you'll get more tonal range before feedback with a lowZ mic than
with a high-Z.

Here is the Harmony Central page for it (I wrote the most recent review):
http://www.harmonycentral.com/products/103995

Here is a detailed review of the electronics inside the amp that I wrote for the
Solid State Guitar Amp forum:
http://www.ssguitar.com/index.php?topic=1714.msg11293#msg11293

And here is a link to a YouTube video I made earlier this week where I'm playing
a Low D Special 20 through the amp using a cheap Panasonic vocal mic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC2_ZbMblxE

If you are after a battery amp, I don't think you can get a much better
price/quality ratio. Especially if coolness is also factored in, you really
can't beat this amp...

Cheers,

Isaac Ullah