[Harp-L] Digitechs of the lower order

Some of you are pretty enthusiastic about the Digitech pedals, 255 and 355 (Richard Hunter is one -- and he surely gets some amazing sounds out of them, demonstrated on videos).

Question is: what about the Digitechs of the "lower order", the RP 55 and RP 70 -- are these of any use at all for harmonica?
  I see them sold right now at what seems like attractive prices (less than 100$), and would consider one if it does anything for you. And here I mean plugged straight into the PA: some warmth, some bottom, some plausible distortion. The sci-fi sounds would be nice but are not an immediate need.

  I´m fairly realistic when it comes to this kind of set-up -- tried quite a few of them, but never Digitech -- and know that it´s no holy grail. Still, very appealing thought to put one of these gadgets in your pocket and be ready to rock.

Cheers,
Martin