  From: Aongus Mac Cana
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2010 3:11 PM
  Subject: [Harp-L] Reeds & Slots

  All this talk of tailoring reeds & slots got me thinking about something I
  have wondered about for a while.
  I seem to remember Harponline.de offering full sets of replacement reeds for
  Hohner 270 chromatics at a very OK price.
  Can any of the experts on the list tell me whether these replacement reeds
  are interchangeable throughout the range of 270 harmonicas?
  In other words (for example) will the G3 reed for a C  Hohner chromatic
  harmonica work/fit in the G3 position for a G or a D chromatic harmonica?
  If so it is time for me to invest in what would probably be a lifetime's
  supply.
  Beannachtai
  Aongus Mac Cana