Re: [Harp-L] Technology these days ( Michael Posey)

"Dane Paul" wrote:
<I MUST take Richard Hunters example and spend more time fooling with the POD. <Depending on the model # of the Pod you use, IF there is a USB connector you can <download the Line-6 Monkey (FREE) and edit your pod right from your computer, as well <I beleive most Pods are compatible with some version of a Line-6 foot controler. Oh <you can download the manual.

Thanks for the kudos Dane, much appreciated.  I think that POD sounds good.  I doubt that anyone in the audience, or for that matter listening on YouTube, would know that it was an amp modeler as opposed to a "real" amp. Recordings like this prove the basic point: this amp modeling technology is for real.

I've considered creating a patch set for the POD, but I've avoided that to this point because the PODs are a lot pricier than the equivalent Digitech units, and I think that's important to most harp players.  But I may change my mind now that the new PODHDs are here. (The entry point for one of those devices is $330...)

By the way, I did upload one of my patches for the POD to Line 6's website--it's a straight-up blues patch I use for a lot of my recordings, based on a Bassman amp model. I posted it under the name Lightninrick.  Anyone who's got a POD, take a look.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick