Re: [Harp-L] harp vs. guitar

Nice post, Ken.

I'm in my mid-40s and worked on guitar for a few months last winter. Glad I did, though mostly I think at this stage that there's  still plenty enough to learn on harp and plenty of accomplished guitar players around. The time I'd have to put in to become good enough on guitar to satisfy myself I just don't have. (And in my case, if and when I have time for a serious second instrument (or third, since I sing), it'll be piano.)

I have, happily, found a few guitar players to play with, and I learn from them. I hope they learn something from me, but I do learn from them.

As for the business of faking it till you make it ... there's a humility factor which comes with experience. (Richard Hunter has noted a couple of times that experience is the result of bad judgment and good judgment is the result of experience -- something like that.) My take on all this is that I am better now than I was years ago when I thought I was better than I am today.

John