Re: [Harp-L] Turbo Slide Harmonica

I thought stainless steel was non-magnetic.
 Chris

http://www.blowyourbrassoff.com
http://www.builderofstuff.com

Just a man, his shop, and a long list of unfinished projects...

Re: [Harp-L] Turbo Slide Harmonica
Posted by:      "Paul Bowering" paul_bowering@xxxxxxxxx
Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:34 pm        (PDT)

Amazing. At least in theory. One short clip isn't enough to tell if it can be
made to play really musically but it sure looks interesting. Push the slide
first then blow and you get a stable, spot on  'missing note'. Or, blow then
push

the slide and you bend it down slowly.

Without valves I'm guessing and hoping the timbre of the bent notes are close to

the unbent notes.

Future refinements look to allow for raising the pitch on bends. Just think what

could be done if you mix and match. I'd configure it to lower most notes except
Blow 3 which I'd have set to raise a whole tone: a Richter/Paddy combo in one
harp. You might also be able to significantly expand the chords available.

Paul