Re: [Harp-L] Digitech Question

"Charles Bassi" wrote:
<If one were to use a digitech effects pedal for harmonica, wouldn't one
<be better off with a vocal processor, where input would be expected to come from
<a microphone, as opposed to a guitar effects processor, where input would be expected <to come from a guitar pickup?

We could apply the same logic to amplification in general, and ask: wouldn't one be better off with a PA system, which is designed to amplify the output of a microphone, than with a guitar amp that's designed to amplify a guitar?

The fact is that PAs and guitar amps produce different sounds, and harp players like the sound of guitar amps.  The Digitech RP series pedals are designed in large part to emulate guitar amps, and harp players tend to find them more useful than vocal processors.

Designing sounds for the RPs that work well with microphones takes time, of course, and that's why people pay me for my patch sets.  Better my 100 hours than yours.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick