[Harp-L] Greg Huemann and Deak Harp CD's BlowMeAway

I just stepped in, from driving down the highway here on the Mid North East Coast of Australia I've been listening to 'Duracool'  from BluesState which is a truly fine album from Greg Huemanns band.I gotta say along side Randy Landry of Lone Wolf Blues Company; I found Greg was one of the humblest and most impressive talents, I met at the 'Gussowfest' Hill Country Harmonica Homecoming 2010. Greg is not only passionately making great blues harmonica related products, but he literally plays killer, effective harp supporting clever song choice and some he blows some slinky sax too. The biggest surprise [for me] is that he is a really excellent 'laid back' singer with a great band to support his stylish fun loving music. This is a truly happy album; I smile every now and then, especially on his delivery of Kleptomaniac'. It really is a top shelf listen [and actually much more 'genuine and professional' than most blues releases] *[even the oft adored 'hero's of the modern blues].Check it out and buy it you won't be disappointed- http://www.bluestateband.net/home.cfm .
A CD review:  "I've got it (Bluestate's Duracool CD) playing right now. Sounds really good. It's a good band with good players and an outstanding singer. I ain't lyin'!"-Charlie Musselwhite - Harp legend and multi Blues Award winner. Hey and another lovely character [and an absolutely 'crankin' Chicago style exponent] is Deak Harp.Did you know he customises great Hohner Marine Band harmonicas for effective tongue block style.His CD album 'Gateway to the Blues' is literally 'a must' for anyone who wants to be swamped with exciting, passionate, amped and acoustic blues harmonica playing. Oh and finally HarpLer's if you haven't checked out The Kilborn Alley Blues Band[www.myspace.com/thekilbornalleybluesband ]-I believe you are truly missing out. They create great snappin', rockin' blues music with absolutely excellent harp and rollin' party tunes.You guys are so lucky to have such great musicians in the U.S.A.-Thanks for the great music and wonderful musicians who are out there trying to eke out a living.