[Harp-L] Re: Organ sounds on harp

Any of the Line 6 M series or POD HD's will let you do all three
effects at once.  There are a several patches that get you the low
octave and you can use one of two devices to get the upper octave.
They you will, of course, use the rotary/drum model...which is ok.
Had I known about the HD's before getting the M9, I would have gotten
the 300HD the second they came out!

Total cost?  Well, new, anywhere from $300 on up depending on what you
buy.  However, you can get the M9 like I have for well under $300
used.  It works great for harp, BUT it won't sound as good as one of
the EHX POG/HOG pedals with something like a DLS Rotosim or H&K
Rotosphere.  Not all the models track chords well.

With the M9, you have access to six effects per scene on the pedal
board.  You can run any three at once.  You can actually set and cycle
through up to 24 "different" pedal boards.  I have to official ones
set up, but will now try Richard's suggestion on my "main" board of
six.  I run a delay separate from the M9, although I wouldn't have to
- my signal would be dry if it takes me three patches to do the B3.
The pedal is true bypass and typically off with a BBE Two Timer delay
always on.

I haven't tried it yet, but several guitar players have posted a two
patch B3 sound that uses a synth patch with the rotary patch.  To be
honest, until this week, I just played octaves into the rotary model.

My main board on the M9 is the bass octaver, ring mod, auto-wah,
rotary, octo, and tape echo.  My second board is all super crazy
effects that I don't use a whole lot...things like a bass synth, sweep
echo, particle verb, etc.

I started a third and fourth board as well.  One is all delays/verbs
and the last one is my experimental patches.  The M9 is great as I
rarely use and non-delay effect more than 1-3 times a set.  Meaning
many of those get used once a night and it didn't make sense to buy a
separate pedal.

All this being said, if I played in a rock band as a sideman, I'd snag
a EHX Micro POG or POG 2 and a H&K Rotosphere for my rhythm tones.  I
would BE the B3 in a band.  You could do it on harp, totally.

Mike