[Harp-L] Powerbender tuning questions

I have retuned some harps and tried the Powerbender tuning. I get some
secondary squealing on the upper draw bends which bends aren't available
on Richter. I wonder if it is my tuning/filing technique that has caused
this. Did I file too thin at certain areas of the reed? I've read at
overblow.com that squealing on OB's is caused by twisting/rotation of
the reed and can be prevented with wax on the rivet end. I'm going to
try some wax.
Please don't rekindle the technique vs gear lecture. Technique is not
the problem in this case.
Also, I'm wondering about the purpose of the reversed blow/draw notes on
hole 10. I don't see any advantage gained over Richter - no additional
notes or useful chords.