Re: [Harp-L] Re: Marine Band Lifespan

Steve Baker said:
<<
As others have commented, it depends on how you play and what kind of
music you perform. My experience is that the new reed profiles (used
since about 2005 in all Classic models) last a lot longer than the
older ones, I hardly ever break any now in comparison to  before,

Steve Baker is 100% right. Same here. The latest Hohner harps stay in  tune
for FAR longer than they used to.

I am sure that harmonicas.. Most ALL harmonicas... Are VASTLY better now in
 2010 than they were in the 1960s and 1970s...

Perhaps that is because there are now lots of companies making harmonicas
available worldwide.

30 and 40 years ago, Hohner had the field virtually to them selves. No one
else had good quality harmonicas available in England back then. Only
Hohner...  Now there is COMPETITION... And Hohner have improved, and become far
less  arrogant than they once were.

And for all their faults, Hohner made good harps back  then, and they STILL
make excellent harmonicas. In my opinion,  probably the best "non" custom
harps now in 2010.

Well... Lets face it... most manufactured things these  days are far more
reliable than they were back in the  '60s..

Sincerely,

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines