Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Garden State Festival /Blood Sweat and Tears Show

On Oct 21, 2010, at 8:41 PM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

The schedule is now posted just about a month before the Festival - a huge
accomplishment as Val and others of us had said it would be all along.

Especially since I was the one whom was holding everything up. I didn't get my bio or picture in. It's all my fault.
smo-joe (looking ashamed)

Most Festivals of this size don't have anywhere close to this level of
information until the Convention is imminent. Kudos go to those who've been
working feverishly behind the scenes to nail down the Performers, Hotel Seminar
Rooms, Vendors, et al. You've done an incredible job. Add to that Danny's
allowing people to pay their Festival Fees to his company via PayPal. It's a
first (and huge).

Danny G. is a genuine treasure to the harmonica community. A great harmonica player in his own right, he trusts harmonica players. :)

The 'Night Before the Fest - Blow-Off' a la Jason Ricci's is shaping up to
be a fabulous evening at Trumpets. With all the great players we'll have
there, it's going to be a terrific lead in to the Convention.

I have decided to come in a day early so that I can witness this show.

I can attest to just how great an entertainer Rob Paparozzi is (as well as
Phil Caltabellotta and Enrico Granafei who'll play host and provide the
back-up musicians). Not having to travel all the way back to Long Island
afterwards will be a super bonus for me as well and make it such fun to hang out
with all of my friends from GSHC. I'm sure we'll begin that first night
with more playing into the wee hours.

And not having to make it all the way back to the Everglades will be a big deal for me also. lolol

Might as well take the opportunity here to comment on my visit last week to
the Boulton Center on Long Island (courtesy of Rob P) to see Blood, Sweat
& Tears perform. What a fabulous evening! I've only heard Rob in his
jazz/Blues/big band personas at Festivals. Now getting to hear him sing those
old BS&T Favourites was just wonderful (thanks, Rob!).

Especially with a full band. The kid is hot hot hot.

The entire audience
was grooving to and singing along with the band, who encouraged it. We were
having such a good time it was so surprising when the concert was over and
the Band packing up. We'd have gladly stayed on longer.

At least he didn't have to do what I did last night. Our drummer's back went out and I had to pack up his kit. Weeell, I didn't haaaave to.

You're a class act, Rob - in any and all of your various incarnations.This
was such a nice thing for you to do, and I truly appreciated attending as
your guest. It was great to also hear Steve Katz play harp during the BS&T
show. I'd no idea he did. What I also found very interesting was how your
harmonica playing on both diatonic and chromatic easily cut through the
wall of sound created by BS&T's big brass section. TEN musicians on stage all
at once yet your harmonicas were so easily heard. Amazing.

I'd definitely urge anyone with an upcoming Blood, Sweat & Tears show
coming to a City near them to make the effort to attend. You won't be
disappointed, it's a fabulous evening of entertainment.

I second that emotion. Rob and the gang were down here last year performing at the Edison college. The 'new' Harmonicats were over at Cape Coral high school the same knight. Unfortunately I was at Ellington's on Sanibel the same night and couldn't get to Rob's show. Bummer....bummer.

Elizabeth

"Message: 9