[Harp-L] American Musical Supply blowing out Digitech RPs

Hi all,

The latest American Musical Supply catalog says that they're selling B-Stock Digitech RP150s, 250s, and 350s at a substantial discount.  The 350s are going for under $130.  The 250s are selling for under $100.

The RP250 and RP350 are very similar to the newer RP255 and RP355.  In terms of sound quality, they're indistinguishable, at least to my ears.  The later models have a few more amp models and cab models, and a 20-second one-layer looper, which I tried once and did not like much compared to my dedicated loopers.  Otherwise, the 250/350 are the same devices as their more recent counterparts.

These devices are B-stock, but they're selling with the manufacturer's 1-year warranty, along with AMS's 45-day return policy.  To my mind that makes them a better deal by far than a used piece off eBay. It certainly reduces the risk of buying a b-stock piece.

My first choice for an RP device remains the RP355.  But if you've been holding back  on getting an RP in hopes of a deal, this might be it. I think the RP350 is an especially good deal, given that the $130 price is about $70 less than the price of a new RP355 for a piece of gear that's very similar.  (I should mention that AMS is also selling B-stock RP355s for less than $160.)  You can find them at:
http://americanmusical.com

You can of course hear lots of samples of the sounds I get from these devices at:
http://www.hunterharp.com/category/hunters-music/
--where just about every one of the clips of my playing was done with an RP or two loaded with my patches.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick