Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Garden State Festival /Blood Sweat and Tears Show

The schedule is now posted just about a month before the Festival - a  huge
accomplishment as Val and others of us had said it would be all along.
Most Festivals of this size don't have anywhere close to this level of
information until the Convention is imminent. Kudos go to those who've been
working feverishly behind the scenes to nail down the Performers, Hotel Seminar
Rooms, Vendors, et al. You've done an incredible job. Add to that Danny's
allowing people to pay their Festival Fees to his company via PayPal. It's a
first (and huge).

The 'Night Before the Fest - Blow-Off' a la Jason Ricci's is shaping up to
be a fabulous evening at Trumpets. With all the great players we'll have
there,  it's going to be a terrific lead in to the Convention.

I can attest to just how great an entertainer Rob Paparozzi is (as well as
Phil Caltabellotta and Enrico Granafei who'll play host and provide the
back-up  musicians). Not having to travel all the way back to Long Island
afterwards will  be a super bonus for me as well and make it such fun to hang out
with all  of my friends from GSHC. I'm sure we'll begin that first night
with more playing  into the wee hours.

Might as well take the opportunity here to comment on my visit last week to
 the Boulton Center on Long Island (courtesy of Rob P) to see Blood, Sweat
&  Tears perform. What a fabulous evening!  I've only heard Rob in his
jazz/Blues/big band personas at Festivals. Now getting to hear him sing those
old BS&T Favourites was just wonderful (thanks, Rob!). The entire  audience
was grooving to and singing along with the band, who encouraged it. We  were
having such a good time it was so surprising when the concert was over  and
the Band packing up. We'd have gladly stayed on longer.

You're a class act, Rob - in any and all of your various  incarnations.This
was such a nice thing for you to do, and I truly  appreciated attending as
your guest.  It was great to also  hear Steve Katz play harp during the BS&T
show. I'd no idea he  did. What I also found very interesting was how your
harmonica playing  on both diatonic and chromatic easily cut through the
wall of sound  created by BS&T's big brass section. TEN musicians on stage all
at  once yet your harmonicas were so easily heard. Amazing.

I'd definitely urge anyone with an upcoming Blood, Sweat & Tears show
coming to a City near them to make the effort to attend. You won't be
disappointed, it's a fabulous evening of entertainment.

Elizabeth

"Message: 9