[Harp-L] Re: Replaceable Reeds

Joe
When you're talking accordions, you're right. They are waxed in. Traditional concertina reed shoes just slid into cut outs in the mounting board. Also, I'm talking about one reed per shoe. Not two per reedplate as on accordions.

On the US Army band harmonica most of the leakage comes from the area where the coverplate meets the comb/reed shoe assembly.

All of this could be easily controlled/eliminated by modern materials and mfg techniques.

Regards
Paul N.