Re: [Harp-L] Which key?

In a message dated 20/10/2010 13:58:04 Malay Peninsula Standard Time,
geoffatkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

downside  is having to wait for a bar or so of the intro
to determine the harp  choice

YES... That is how it is!

For years I played with a Gospel choir... It was no good asking  them
"WHAT KEY"...
They didn't KNOW!

They didn't care!

"Hey Uncle Kwame, (AKA John) ... Just PLAY!"

So.. I had to use my abilities.. Such as they are!

To guess where ON EARTH the key was...

This is made more difficult because Gospel choirs "modulate" to  different
keys. OFTEN.
So.... Until you FIND the right key... STAY OFF THAT MIC!

And just  few seconds later it SHALL be yet another key!

   LOL

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines

PS MISSING the "New Wine Gospel Choir"... In Woolwich London!
One of the BEST Gospel choirs anywhere... I Was BLESSED playing my harp
with them.